I swear to god, these are the lists that make me so happy to live in the Internet age. It's reminiscient of a list I used to update on my old site, entitled Movies One Must See (But Ya' Probably Don't Know It). There are way too many movies I absolutely love on this list to comment on right now, but lemme just say, these five are the ones that stand out the most to me:
1) The Iron Giant - so deserving of the number 1 spot, only because it is so amazing, and not many people have seen it. From my own site: And the final scene...man, I admit, I got pretty teary-eyed at the "Superman" line... perfect. When I wrote that I was being modest... I wasn't just teary-eyed, I was balling.
6) The Big Lebowski - I remember when me and the guys went to see this flick just for the hell of it. We weren't expecting anything great, and we got one of the funniest movies ever. Damn, The Dude is one of the coolest protagonists, ever.
8) Office Space - If you know me at all, I've probably gone off on this movie in numerous discussions. I doubt there will ever be another working movie that comes close to this genius... damn it feels good to be a gangsta
13) The Zero Effect - This movie got completely lost in the shuffle, and I have no idea why. Easily Bill Pullman's best performance, and Ben Stiller gives a surprisingly pitch perfect performance without alot of comedy.
16) Requeim For A Dream - You haven't seen this yet? Well go rent it... tonight. Like BOP says, they should show this movie to every high school student...
posted by Holz |
11:20 AM |
Rant & Rave, Bitches! (0)
Watching: Lost, Heroes, 24, Criminal Minds Listening: Brobdingnagian Bards Reading: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Playing: Final Fantasy XII Eating: Healthy...er Doing: Running... hopefully Wishing:
Comic Quote of the Week
"It's trying to end the suffering of everything. Do you want to discuss our options? Maybe together we can, you know, workshop?"
"Okay, best way to stop a ten-story godlike monster from destroying existence? I'm gonna go with hitting, you have anything?"
AKA: Ozymandias, DrOzymandias, Darth Angelus, Darque Feonix, Trip McNeely Kicking ass for: 29 years Job: UWing Systems Design Specialist Walking Theme: Believe It Or Not by Joey Scarbury Most watched movie: The Princess Bride Most read book: The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King
"Let a man get away with fuckin' you once, you stay bent over so's he can fuck you again whenever he damn well pleases. An' if one man can do it? Another will too. An' another, an' another still. So's being fucked, that's yer life. 'Til who you were, you ain't. 'Cause all you are is an asshole." 100 Bullets #42