He's Back and He's Bad, Give You Somethin'... Well, You Probably Had Before
Yes, been a while... I think this is the longest I've gone without really doing any blogging... aside from a quick Lord of the Rings review, loks like I haven't been here since... damn, my Thanksgiving break?!? Crazy. Well, one of my new year's resolutions is to try and do this at least once every two days days, with at least one month where I post once a day. I think I can do it... I just promise nothing spectacular... hopefully, it won't reach Dullest Blog levels, but we'll see.
Anyway, quick rundown of a what's been goin' on in my life:
1) Christmas: 220 Miles to Nowhere. I stayed in town for my winter vacation because I waited til' the last minute to make any plans. Lesson learned. Christmas Eve was spent playing the new Final Fantasy game until 9 the next morning... 10 hours of non-stop roleplaying... reminded me of college. Anyway, Christmas day was a bust. I was supposed to go over my roommate's families place, but we got mixed up and long story short I drove out to the place, and then turned right around. Got home, and finished a bottle of wine while going back the FF X-2. Fun fun fun.
2) DVD's are my Anti-Drug. And my parents support my habit. My ma' got me a shitload of DVD boxed sets, and my pop set me up with gift certificates, just added to my addiction. If you care to check out my updated collection of 130 movies and box sets, you can go to my Guzzlefish listing. I think (more precisely, I hope) that I won't be buying to much this year. By my birthday, if I'm over 150, I'll admit I have problem.
3) LA Not-So-Confidential. Headed down to The O.C. for New Years to visit with Tom and Mel, had a great time. They put on an awesome feast, and we had a nice get-together with an insanely addictive game, Catch Phrase. We later went north to Visalia, a beautiful little town in California that you just know is about to blow up finanancially, it's just waiting to hapen. All in a all, a very nice break in the monotony.
4) To read makes our speaking English good. Just finished the Dean Koontz novel By The Light of the Moon, and I was disappointed with it. The story was a good comic book origin tale, but Koontz is beginning to get very flowery with his language, and it proves to be very distracting. But I think my biggest problem with it was the absence of much of a villain arc. I think my favorite thing Koontz does in his novels is to focus quite a bit on the bad guy, and this book didn't really have that. To wash the taste outta my mouth, I'm re-reading one of my favorite sci-fi novels, Alfred Bester's The Stars My Destination. Might have to re-read Gun, With Occasional Music next, that one ruled, too.
5) Writer's speedbump. I haven't really hit a block per se, because I'm comin' up with alot of story ideas... problem is, I can't force myself to write anything more than outlines. Telling myself I need to get to work on the stories I have post it notes surrounding my desk with. So keep an eye out for Black Friday, Hunter and Pray, and Identity Crisis, a story I've been kicking around about a semi-regular character in the Buffy-Angel universe.
I'm planning on getting back into my comic reviews, and sometime this week I should hopefully get my New Years Resolutions up... plus my picks for the best and worst of 2003... just hope I have the time.
posted by Holz |
10:06 AM |
Rant & Rave, Bitches! (0)
Watching: Lost, Heroes, 24, Criminal Minds Listening: Brobdingnagian Bards Reading: The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman Playing: Final Fantasy XII Eating: Healthy...er Doing: Running... hopefully Wishing:
Comic Quote of the Week
"It's trying to end the suffering of everything. Do you want to discuss our options? Maybe together we can, you know, workshop?"
"Okay, best way to stop a ten-story godlike monster from destroying existence? I'm gonna go with hitting, you have anything?"
AKA: Ozymandias, DrOzymandias, Darth Angelus, Darque Feonix, Trip McNeely Kicking ass for: 29 years Job: UWing Systems Design Specialist Walking Theme: Believe It Or Not by Joey Scarbury Most watched movie: The Princess Bride Most read book: The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King
"Let a man get away with fuckin' you once, you stay bent over so's he can fuck you again whenever he damn well pleases. An' if one man can do it? Another will too. An' another, an' another still. So's being fucked, that's yer life. 'Til who you were, you ain't. 'Cause all you are is an asshole." 100 Bullets #42