I Am John's Stomach Pains.

On The Precipice of Mediocrity, Teetering

Monday, August 20, 2007

Shedding It Off  

A couple weeks ago, you might remember that I finally got my blood test I had been putting off for a while now. Suffice to say my results were not what one would consider...good. While my cholesterol was slightly elevated, my triglycerides were so high, I thought it must've been a typo. But no, looks like my sedintary lifestyle and less than healthy eating habits had finally caught up with me. Add in the fact my weight was hovering around the biggest I'd ever been, I knew it was time for a change.

And I wasn't alone. Kris and I both decided we needed to undergo a... paradigm shift when it came to our eating habits. So after the recommendations from my parents, we both signed up for Nutrisystem, mainly because it wasn't the food we were eating that was the problem (well not all of it), but of was the portions we were downing. Chicken isn't bad, but when you combine it with tons of cheese, and stuffed pasta, it just builds up and up.

So, anyway, we both started it today, and I honestly feel great. Only about 1300 calories for me today, and aside from a little pang around 4:00, the hunger wasn't so bad. We'll see how the rest of the week goes... well, actually the next month since we have 35 days of food to get through.

I'm starting at 242 pounds... yeah that sucks to admit, but I've got an ambitious goal of getting to 200 by my wedding next year. Fingers crossed.

Labels: ,

posted by Holz | 11:10 PM | Rant & Rave, Bitches! (5)

5 Comments:

GO FOR IT!!!!! I wish you all the luck in the world, man. I've struggled with my weight for so long and I know I feel awesome when I'm slimmer. I went back on my calorie counting thing a little less than a month ago and I've lost 11lbs already. You can do it. Just stick with it. You'll watch the weight peel off and it'll motivate you even more. Just remember to eat a balanced assortment of food. Nothing worse than working so hard on your diet and then still be unhealthy.

I started this time around 220lbs and I want to get down to 190. I feel good at that weight. 19lbs left to lose. :D

Can you please post updates for me about once a week? I'm hoping it can be the little bit of motivation I need to stick with my diet.

By Blogger Stan, at 8/21/2007 4:38 AM  


Congrats to both of you! Don't forget to drink your water too!

Hey, maybe a walk over and back to the future in-law's after work whenever possible will help too?
Pop

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2007 7:48 AM  


Thanks for the encouragement. I've never done the calorie counting thing, but the fact that the NutriSystem program sends you all the food you'll be eating aside form salads and some minor stuff, and you can enter it into your account online, which really makes it easy to track the intake.

I don't even wanna hazard a guess as too the calorie intake I was averaging before. Let's just say 3000 would be generous...

The food assortment is surprisingly diverse, and so far I've enjoyed the meals.

I'll definitely be posting periodical updates (hence my new "diet" tag)... and boy do I know the motivation factor, if I didn't have Kris doing this with me, I doubt I'd get past the first week.

And Pop, thanks for the tip on the walking, will probably be oding that often (along with the new Yoaga and Pilates DVDs we've got to get into).

It's a whole new day!

By Blogger Holz, at 8/21/2007 9:29 AM  


Good luck! I know how hard it's going to be, but keep in mind the long term reasons for getting healthy now and maybe that will make the extra cheese less attractive!

By Blogger Amber, at 8/21/2007 9:29 AM  


Don't worry, you guys aren't alone! Tom and I are working to lose my baby and his sympathy weight so we are with you in spirit. We'll all look hot at your wedding. :)

Mel

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8/21/2007 5:10 PM  


Post a Comment


Right Now I'm Probably...
Watching:
Lost, Heroes, 24, Criminal Minds
Listening:
Brobdingnagian Bards
Reading:
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Playing:
Final Fantasy XII
Eating:
Healthy...er
Doing:
Running... hopefully
Wishing:
My Amazon.com Wish List
Comic Quote of the Week
"It's trying to end the suffering of everything. Do you want to discuss our options? Maybe together we can, you know, workshop?"

"Okay, best way to stop a ten-story godlike monster from destroying existence? I'm gonna go with hitting, you have anything?"

"You took mine."


Wesley and Angel, Angel: After The Fall #15



Who Am I?
Name: Holz
Home: Sonoma County, California
About Me: I'm a comfortador.
See my complete profile

AKA:
Ozymandias, DrOzymandias, Darth Angelus, Darque Feonix, Trip McNeely
Kicking ass for:
29 years
Job:
UWing Systems Design Specialist
Walking Theme:
Believe It Or Not by Joey Scarbury
Most watched movie:
The Princess Bride
Most read book:
The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King


Where Do I Go?
Blogs I Will Most Likely Steal Ideas From
The Past
Some of My Favorite Entries
"Let a man get away with fuckin' you once, you stay bent over so's he can fuck you again whenever he damn well pleases. An' if one man can do it? Another will too. An' another, an' another still. So's being fucked, that's yer life. 'Til who you were, you ain't. 'Cause all you are is an asshole."
100 Bullets #42