| I Am John's Stomach Pains. On The Precipice of Mediocrity, Teetering |
|
Thursday, November 15, 2007 In The Words of Football Announcers Everwhere GOOOOOAAAAALLLL!!!! Well... the original one. Yep, stepped on the scale this morning, and came in a few decimals under 200 for the first time in years. I had extrapolated that I'd hit it about 2 days before Thanksgiving, so these extra few days are a nice little surprise. When I started on NutriSystem, my goal was to hit 200lbs before my wedding, which is at the tail end of next summer. I thought it was an ambitious goal, and one I thought was possible, but that it would be tough. Let's face it, I like food, and I like sitting in front of my TV. Since I started a little less than 3 months, I've realized I still like food, and still like sitting in front of my TV. But I've also come to love treating myself to simple pleasures after a particularly good week of the diet. Peanut Butter is actually part of my plan, and I've come to love it. When a weekend comes, and a group of friends and family want to go out to a Claim Jumper, I see it as a nice treat, not falling off the wagon, because I know I can get right back on the horse the next day (okay... maybe the next Monday). Another big change has been the fact I'm getting out more to run. Before the loss of Daylight Savings Time, I had cracked a ten-minute mile for the first time since high school, and even able to push about a mile and a half at a solid jog. Sadly, since it's been dark out by the time I get home from work the past two weeks, I've yet to go out, but I'm determined to get back on that horse. Now, I mentioned above that I'm at my 'original' goal. After the first month, when I saw that I could stick with this plan, and that my body reacted well to it, I lowered my goal to 185, so that's another 15 pounds for me to loss from here on out... and then keep off until next August. Thanks for all the words of encouragement from everybody, it's much appreciated! Labels: diet posted by Holz | 9:07 AM | Rant & Rave, Bitches! (5)5 Comments:
EXCELLENT! Keep up the great work! By , at 11/16/2007 10:29 AM
You're looking awesome John. Waaaaay to go! By , at 11/18/2007 6:41 PM
Congrats man, good job. By , at 11/18/2007 7:08 PM Hey, I haven't stopped by in a while, but congrats on the weight loss and the wedding! By , at 11/21/2007 5:27 AM I hear you're looking hotsy totsy with all the weightloss:) Good for you. And good for Kristine, winkwink, nudgenudge! By Amber, at 1/07/2008 10:22 AM |
|
||||
|
|
|||||
100 Bullets #42 | |||||