I Am John's Stomach Pains.

On The Precipice of Mediocrity, Teetering

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not to Fifty!!!  

Yes, it finally happened. This morning, I stepped on the scale, and I finally broke the 50 pound plateau that has been eluding me for months. For those who remember, it was all the way back in mid-November that I came in under 200 pounds after about 3 months of dieting... that was over 42 pounds in 12 weeks- at that point, I was simply blown away at how quickly it sloughed off.

Since then though, I've been on an up and down rollercoaster in terms of weight, always plus or minus 6 pounds around that bi-centennial. I've been sticking with Nutrisystem, however there's been constant cheating - not enough water drinking, foregoing salads for a second serving of a meal - and while it certainly has helped me maintain, I wasn't losing anything. But with me getting back into the running thing, as well as the insane heat wave we're dealing with evaporating all my water weight, this morning I saw 191.8 on the readout. I had to do a triple check, because I was around 194 the previous day. But there it was, 50.8 lbs down from my start... I wasn't even expecting it, and that's the most pleasant surprise.

With the wedding only 24 days away, I'm not going to reach my end goal of 185, however I do think 190 is in sight, if I can stay away from too much cheating... although with other people's weddings on the horizon, my birthday this weekend, rehearsal dinners and the like, it's gonna be a challenge.

And for anyone who doesn't get the blog title reference (Kris will be one), shame on you!

Labels:

posted by Holz | 1:33 PM | Rant & Rave, Bitches! (14)

14 Comments:

I can't tell you how excited I am for the wedding!! I have finally found a pair of Manolo's that go perfect with my little black dress (and let me tell you, I have been absolutely STARVING myself to make sure I fit, but how good I look in the pictures will make it all worth it). I am SO glad I finally got that laser hair removal done, too. Those brazilian bikini waxes HURT! But I don't have to worry about that now. Oh well, I have to go so I am not late for my appointment with the MAC girl at King of Prussia.

TTFN!

-Jason

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/10/2008 3:04 PM  


I've been out of the loop for a bit... Chris, he's joking, right? ;-)

By Blogger Holz, at 7/10/2008 3:26 PM  


Tee hee! Oh holz, you are so silly. (giggles)
-Jason

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2008 9:10 AM  


This is how wars start. This is what happens when I admit to Chris that on the previous post I signed his name as a joke when told you to take afternoon naps and read comic books instead of planning for the wedding and got him in trouble with Kristine.

My revenge will be without mercy.

Jay

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2008 5:25 PM  


Do Manolo's come in size 12?

John - I am very proud of you - that is a major accomplishment and you should be as proud of yourself for this feat as I am of you everyday. Have a wonderful Birthday and a great round of golf!
May the Gods be with you at the greens (both grounds and tables)
Love MOM

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/11/2008 9:04 PM  


This is how wars start. This is what happens when I admit to Chris that on the previous post I signed his name as a joke when told you to take afternoon naps and read comic books instead of planning for the wedding and got him in trouble with Kristine.

My revenge will be without mercy.

Jay

HaHa! You fired the first shot across the bow with the afternoon naps comment, I responded with a nuclear bomb. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!
-Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/17/2008 9:18 AM  


I hope you have fun limping around California after I kick you with one of my Manolo's and break it off in your ass.

Jay

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/17/2008 7:01 PM  


Trailer for the Watchmen! March 09.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/watchmen/high.html
-Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2008 8:16 AM  


I hope you have fun limping around California after I kick you with one of my Manolo's and break it off in your ass.

Sounds kinky.

-Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/19/2008 8:21 AM  


Go see Batman. Now.
-Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/20/2008 7:49 PM  


i agree......even i saw batman!
<3 ur sis

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2008 12:02 PM  


I just find it sad that my friends and family could even think I'd miss Dark Knight opening weekend. What kind of geek do you think I am?

5 out of 5. More to come later.

By Blogger Holz, at 7/21/2008 3:15 PM  


Batman = Awesome


Jay

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2008 5:24 PM  


I was not implying you hadn't seen it/wouldn't see it, I just wanted to express my opinion to the world in general about what they should go do. I just wish Heath Ledger wasn't dead.
-Chris

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7/21/2008 7:01 PM  


Post a Comment


Right Now I'm Probably...
Watching:
Lost, Heroes, 24, Criminal Minds
Listening:
Brobdingnagian Bards
Reading:
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
Playing:
Final Fantasy XII
Eating:
Healthy...er
Doing:
Running... hopefully
Wishing:
My Amazon.com Wish List
Comic Quote of the Week
"It's trying to end the suffering of everything. Do you want to discuss our options? Maybe together we can, you know, workshop?"

"Okay, best way to stop a ten-story godlike monster from destroying existence? I'm gonna go with hitting, you have anything?"

"You took mine."


Wesley and Angel, Angel: After The Fall #15



Who Am I?
Name: Holz
Home: Sonoma County, California
About Me: I'm a comfortador.
See my complete profile

AKA:
Ozymandias, DrOzymandias, Darth Angelus, Darque Feonix, Trip McNeely
Kicking ass for:
29 years
Job:
UWing Systems Design Specialist
Walking Theme:
Believe It Or Not by Joey Scarbury
Most watched movie:
The Princess Bride
Most read book:
The Dark Tower Series by Stephen King


Where Do I Go?
Blogs I Will Most Likely Steal Ideas From
The Past
Some of My Favorite Entries
"Let a man get away with fuckin' you once, you stay bent over so's he can fuck you again whenever he damn well pleases. An' if one man can do it? Another will too. An' another, an' another still. So's being fucked, that's yer life. 'Til who you were, you ain't. 'Cause all you are is an asshole."
100 Bullets #42